Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Guinn and Bare It: Thanksgiving Linkup!

I'm participating in Lacey's Thanksgiving linkup over at Guinn and Bare It. You should go check her blog out. I enjoy reading it!

Turkey day Questions:


1.What is one of your families thanksgiving feast traditions? We honestly don't really have an traditions. It's pretty sad. Maybe I should start one this year.

2.Do you have a specific plate you cook every year? No, I bring whatever I'm told to bring. This year no one told me to bring anything so I'm making a pumpkin upside cake. It's delicious! Want the recipe?

Here you go:

1 cup granulated sugar

3 eggs, beaten
29 oz can pumpkin (I use libby's brand)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 oz can evaporated milk
1 pound yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
4 tablespoons melted butter
whipped cream (for serving)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together sugar, eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger,cloves, salt, and milk. Lightly spray a 9x13 pan. Pour mixture in. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture, then sprinkle on the nuts. pour the melted butter even over all.

Bake 50-60 mins
(It's done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean)
Cool. Serve with whipped cream.

3.Do you ever wish that you were a pilgrim...and that you were there for the first feast? Eh, not really.

4.What are you thankful for? I am thankful for so much! I'm thankful for Jon, my family and the roof I have over my head. I realize I take so much for granted and I can't describe how thankful I am for everything.

5.Are you going to join the black friday crew? Not this year. Jon and I actually got up last year on Thanksgiving day around 7am and then didn't go to sleep until 9am on Black Friday. We went to Austin for Thanksgiving and then that night went and saw New Moon at like 10pm. We didn't get out until super late and had to drop my sister back off at my parents house. Then we made the hour drive back to Fort Hood. By the time we had got back there it was like 2am. We decided to go ahead and hit up some stores. We actually got some really good deals. I don't want to do that again this year. I want to avoid the crowds. Especially in this town, people are so rude and have no common courtesy.

6.If you had to list your favorite holidays, what number would Thanksgiving be? Thanksgiving is definitely my second favorite with the Fourth of July being my first. There's just something about that holiday that I love. It's probably because I love getting together with my friends/family and having a big BBQ on the lake. Plus, it's the day after my birthday :)

2 comments:

Lou said... [Reply to comment]

your a life saver...i needed a recipe....and you had one!

Goodnight moon said... [Reply to comment]

I'm gonna print off your recipe and put it in my cookbook! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

I'm your newest follower! Love finding other milspouses!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...