Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oh How I Love To Read!

I really do love to read.

So much that when I was younger my parents would take away my books when I was grounded.
I could sit in my rooms for hours on end and just read.

I honestly haven't done much reading lately though.
When I started college my personal reading took a seat on the back burner.

Now that I am taking a break this semester I have decided to pick it back up again.

I just picked up two books on Saturday from Target.

Look Again by Lisa Scottoline and A Lucky Child by Thomas Buergenthal.

When reporter Ellen Gleeson gets a "Have You Seen This Child?" flyer in the mail, she almost throws it away. But something about it makes her look again, and her heart stops—the child in the photo is identical to her adopted son, Will. Her every instinct tells her to deny the similarity between the boys, because she knows her adoption was lawful. But she’s a journalist and won’t be able to stop thinking about the photo until she figures out the truth. And she can’t shake the question: if Will rightfully belongs to someone else, should she keep him or give him up? She investigates, uncovering clues no one was meant to discover, and when she digs too deep, she risks losing her own life—and that of the son she loves. Lisa Scottoline breaks new ground in Look Again, a thriller that’s both heart-stopping and heart-breaking, and sure to have new fans and book clubs buzzing.

Thomas Buergenthal, now a Judge in the International Court of Justice in The Hague, tells his astonishing experiences as a young boy in his memoir A Lucky Child. He arrived at Auschwitz at age 10 after surviving two ghettos and a labor camp. Separated first from his mother and then his father, Buergenthal managed by his wits and some remarkable strokes of luck to survive on his own. Almost two years after his liberation, Buergenthal was miraculously reunited with his mother and in 1951 arrived in the U.S. to start a new life. Now dedicated to helping those subjected to tyranny throughout the world, Buergenthal writes his story with a simple clarity that highlights the stark details of unimaginable hardship. 

I've only gotten into the second chapter of Look Again but so far it's good.
After I get done reading it I'll be sure to let you know how I liked it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...