Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I've got Adele on repeat.

 Whenever I'm in a sad funky mood I put Adele on repeat and sulk. There is just something about her voice and the lyrics that help me cry. I think a long cry is good every once in a while, at least for me it is.

I know I haven't wrote in over a month. My apologies. I doubt anyone is reading this but at this point I'm writing to help release all the emotions I'm feeling at the moment. Life has been pretty crazy since starting my new job at the beginning of last month. I feel as if all I do is sleep, eat, work and repeat. I enjoy my new job that I'll be leaving in less than a month.

Yep, you read that correctly. My new job ends on May the 7th. Why? I'm moving to the middle of nowhere, aka Cimarron, Kansas. Jon is getting discharged from the Army next month. We found out last Friday. It's a long story and I would rather not talk about it. He did nothing bad, he hasn't disgraced the Army, nothing of the sorts. To say this is very unexpected is an understatement. My job alone won't pay the bills and there is no work for him in Killeen. I hate when everything is going great and then life comes and knocks us on our ass.

So off to Kansas we go. We'll be living with his parents until August. Then Jon will be going to school in either North Carolina or Houston, Texas. I'm hoping for the latter. I'm always up for an adventure but I'll be honest, I'm scared. I have a big family and I am so used to seeing them anytime I want. I can't do that when I move 10 hours away. It's scary.

I just don't want them to forget about me. They already do with me living an hour away.

4 comments:

Lacey said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Katelyn. I still read your blog. :) I'm sorry things aren't so great for you right now. Hopefully, they will start looking up for you soon! ::hugs::

Anna said... [Reply to comment]

I love Adele too! Best wishes with the move!

Candice said... [Reply to comment]

I hope things start looking up for you, love. If he goes to NC for school, you'll have me to hang out with! :)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

GIRL. I know how you feel. My husband is looking at a discharge soon and I'm not sure what to think of it.

And also?? We live in Kansas. :) If you live close enough, we may just have to meet!

Hang in there and keeping listening to Adele! (My favorite is hometown glory!!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...